On Tuesday I had a period of feeling vaguely okay and the weather was sunny, so I let the kids outside and quickly slapped down the basics for this painting. Today, only sheer determination dragged me off the couch to finish it. The result is the most slapped together hack of a painting I have ever done, full of faults, but it illustrates the idea.
I entered a new challenge this month, the Monthly Painters’ Challenge over on Facebook. I was honoured to have been accepted into it in April and I spent most of the month pondering exactly what I was going to do for it.
The challenge was ‘Opposite Colours’, and my initial thought involved a few creatures emerging from a colour wheel and fighting it out. It was a good idea and I could have drawn it, but I felt it was too cartoony and if I did colour it, it would have been in watercolour and my current bunch of art is in acrylics, so I pondered some more.