Colour experiments – Embers
I did my first acrylic painting in nearly ten years today. It’s not much, but it is finished.
|Embers, Acrylic on board, approx. 300 x 300 mm.|
Hmm, jpegs certainly can’t handle reds very well. This is rather more orange than it appears in this piccy. That and the poor lighting make for a pretty poor photo. Apologies.
Anyways, I didn’t know what I was going to paint when I started and it just happened. I wanted to play with colour graduation (but then I always do :D) and decided to go with the yellows through to red. I also wanted to play with thick paint, something I’ve never really done before (I’m too much of a stinge). It was fun, and I like the glow.
Ooh, and the day is not over…I might be able to do something else. What an odd concept 😀
(I did something, finally)